News and notes from Reston (tm).

Friday, February 25, 2011

Sew What? Instrument of Domestic Science Causes Apartment Fire Near Forest Edge Elementary

sewin machin.jpegA sewing machine caused an accidental fire Thursday that has displaced 16 residents of a garden apartment complex near Forest Edge Elementary.

The fire, which started in a bedroom in a second floor apartment at 1602 Becontree Lane, caused smoke damage to two other apartments. Our BFFs at Patch have some exciting photos of some hawt hook-and-ladder action, if you're into such things. Some sweet steampunk clip art of a sewing machine is a bit more our speed, but maybe that's just us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(If you don't see comments for some reason, click here).